Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Musician Spotlight: Singer/Songwriter Taylor Tickner


Temecula, California - There's a talented young 16 year old Singer/Songwriter from Temecula, California. This talented 16 year old is Taylor Tickner. Taylor Tickner is a talented Singer/Songwriter that we are profiling in this latest "Musician Spotlight".

Taylor Tickner is an aspiring 16 year old singer/songwriter/musician and actress. She currently resides in Temecula, California. Performing has always been a huge part of Taylor’s life. She began singing and acting at six years old in local community theater, and started acting in short films and some television at the age of 10. Music is Taylor’s passion. She began playing the piano at eight, guitar at fourteen and has also picked up the ukulele. Taylor is excited to be endorsed by Daisy Rock Guitars. Taylor writes her own music usually on her guitar or piano and spends her free time getting out and playing at different venues or events. Some of her original songs are “Will you be My Valentine” “Cinderella” and “Music of my Dreams”.  She is currently writing new material and looking forward to getting back into the studio to record her new songs.

We most recently had a chance to interview Taylor, here are her answers to our questions.

When did you start singing?
Singing has always been a part of my life. I was always singing around the house when I was little, but I started performing in public when I was six years old in theater. At the age of 10, I started singing the National Anthem at sports events. As an artist, I co-wrote and recorded a song "September" at the age of 12 and I now write all my own material on either my guitar or keyboard. I also love to do covers of my favorite artists.



Was it your dream to be a singer?
My dream since I can remember has always been to be a singer/songwriter/musician.

Tell us about your style of singing?
My style of singing is a cross of pop, country, rock, and folk.

Are there challenges to pursuing a singing career?
The music industry is a challenge to break into, there is no clear cut pattern to take to succeed. Hard work, dedication and never giving up are the key to success. I am still in high school and plan on going to college to study music, so balancing both education and a music career is my biggest challenge, but education is also important to me and I believe it helps me grow as a person and as an artist and also makes for great writing material!

Does your parents and friends support you?
My family and friends are very supportive of my music and my dreams. They always come to shows and support me.

Do you write your own songs?
Yes, I write my own songs on my guitar or piano. I sometimes collaborate with other artists and co-write songs.

If so, tell us what goes into writing a great song?
A good song can touch people's emotions whether it makes them cry, feel happy or just able to relate to the experience. So when writing I try to write about things everyone is going thru or that most people can relate to, plus a good hook!

Where was your first performance, were you excited?
The first time in public that I performed by myself was when I was six years old. I wrote a song and performed it in front of my entire elementary school, I was hooked on becoming a performer! I remember I was so excited I picked out the perfect outfit and couldn't wait until school that day.

Where have you been able to perform?
Some of the places I've performed at have been the Fender Museum, Southern California Fair, Tesoro Winery, Country at the Merc, OC Fair, Irvine Spectrum, The Federal Bar and the Epicenter.

Who inspires you with your singing and songwriting?
I am inspired by Jason Mraz, Christina Perri, Pink, Miranda Lambert because they all write their own music and I love their voices!

If you could perform anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
 I dream of touring the world with my music one day and the highlight would be Madison Square Garden in New York.

Along the same line, who would you love to perform with?
I would love to perform with Jason Mraz.

What are some of your goals for your Music?
My goals for my Music are to become an accomplished recording artist/songwriter and musician. I would also love to song write for other recording artists.

What do you hope to accomplish with your singing/songwriting?
I hope my music reaches the heart of my listeners and they find enjoyment in my music

Do you have any advice for those wanting to start a career in singing and songwriting?
If music is your passion then dedication and hard work will help to open up the door to your dreams and get you one step further to your goals and of course never giving up.

Is there anything else you want our readers to know about you, your singing/songwriting?
I'm really excited about going to Nashville to compete in the North American Country Music Association International competition in March. I will also be on the internet Radio Show Beyond the Spotlight on November 10th.  If you would like to keep updated on my music and local shows, you can check out my websites:
www.twitter.com/taylortickner
www.facebook.com/taylorticknermusic
www.youtube.com/taylortickner
www.reverbnation.com/taylornicoletickner

Do you have any other talents?
When I'm not singing and playing music I enjoy acting. I performed in theater from the ages of 6 to 11yrs old. I have also been in several short films and some appearances on television shows.

Taylor Tickner is a 16 year old that has a very promising career in the music industry. We wish Taylor all the very best and support in her pursues of a music career.




Rocky Coast News is pleased to have Taylor Tickner featured as our latest "Musician Spotlight", where we highlight, promote up and coming musicians that have amazing vocals, sound, style and/or who are able to play an instrument well singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment