Monday, November 12, 2012

Musician Spotlight: Singer/Songwriter/Actress Ariel Fournier


Florida - Ariel is an up and coming pop artist. She is from a small town in Florida, but has been traveling back and forth to Los Angeles pursuing a career in acting and singing. She grew up dancing competitively and then branched into print, commercials, acting, and most recently singing.

She just released her first EP, Unexpected, and her Music Video, American Hero. She wrote "American Hero" for her Dad who served in the USAF special forces as a pararescueman. The song is also a heartwarming tribute to all our military members and their families. At her recent launch party, she raised over $3,000 in support of the Special Operations Warrior Fund and The Fisher House. Both these organizations provide services for the military members and their families.

We most recently had the chance to interview Ariel Fournier. Below are Ariel's answers to our questions.

When did you start singing?
I started singing professionally about a year a half ago when I met my dear friend Lauren Dair Owens. She introduced me to producer Anthony Mazza and Ashley Poole, who was part of the girl group Dream. I then began writing and recording my own songs, which led to my first EP, Unexpected, and my first music video, American Hero.
Was it your dream to be a singer?
Actually, it really wasn't my dream to be a singer. I started out in dance and danced competitively for eight years. I also did print and commercial work back in my hometown. One of my first and favorite jobs was with Yamaha Waverunners and Sportboats Print and Commercial Campaign. I grew up at the beach so getting to work on a shoot where we spent all day on the water was so much fun and I never thought of it as work! I actually just finished my 11th year with them and they are like family to me. In addition to riding the waverunners and sportboats, the last several years I've also got to wakeboard in their commercials. It truly is a dream job, and it was an awesome day when I realized I could actually have a career this enjoyable!

Tell us about your style of singing?
I like exploring many different styles of music so you'll often hear different influences in my songs. I like having the freedom to incorporate different genres and I love to write songs that are fun, upbeat, and about enjoying life.


Are there challenges pursuing a singing career?
Most definitely! There are thousands and thousands of other people trying to do the exact same thing you are. Success in the entertainment business is very hard, probably one of the hardest careers to succeed in, but you have to stay true to yourself, work hard, stay positive, and never give up!
Does your parents and friends support you?
I have been very blessed to be surrounded by so many people that support me. My parents have given me so many wonderful opportunities to pursue my dreams.  My family, friends, and especially my hometown are always rooting for me. One of my biggest supporters back home is Studio Craze.  All the zumba ladies there have been supporting from the very beginning. The instructors play my music all the time in their classes and they all really love dancing to my song, I Came to Dance.

Do you write your own songs?
I sure do! I wrote all five songs on my first EP, Unexpected, which was just released on Itunes. Writing songs is actually one of my favorite parts about the whole process. I love coming up with new ideas and musical flavors and it’s a wonderful way for me to express my feelings.

If so, tell us what goes into writing a great song?
Well I'm no expert and I am still learning, but I think what makes a great song is one that makes your listeners feel something, whether that be happy, sad, or any other emotion. Ashley Poole, was a great help in guiding me in my songwriting process and having a great producer is a big plus as well! Thank you Anthony Mazza!

Where was your first performance, were you excited?
My first performance was at the Sage Brush Cantina in Calabasa, California. It was a benefit for St. Judes Children's Hospital. I was definitely nervous, but very excited! It's so cool because this October makes one year from when I had my first performance.

Where have you been able to perform?
I've been performing at various venues throughout Southern California and in my hometown. I've been lucky enough to perform at shows that benefit  St. Judes Children's Hospital, Cystic Fibrosis, the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and the ASPCA. I recently had my launch party back in my hometown for my EP Unexpected and the premiere of my music video, American Hero. It was actually a fundraiser to benefit the Special Operations Warrior Fund and Fisher House, which was awesome since I grew up in the military community.
Who inspires you with your singing and songwriting?
 I would say Taylor Swift and Bruno Mars inspire me the most, but many times inspiration can come from everyday life or even by listening to other kinds of music. I like to listen to a lot of different kinds of music so pretty much everything I listen to may give me inspiration for a new song idea or lyric.

If you could perform anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I enjoy just getting the chance to perform, so whether its a small venue or a big stadium I feel blessed in getting to share my music, but you know, I think it would be really cool to one day perform at the New Year's Eve Special in New York. It would be so cool to be there when the Ball drops!!!  I would also love to do a USO tour.  Again, because I grew up in the military community and know how hard these men and women work to keep us safe, it would be another way for me to say thanks.

Along the same line, who would you love to perform with?
I would love to perform with Britney Spears or Bruno Mars.  I grew up as a HUGE Britney Spears fan, so getting to work with her in any capacity would be surreal and I greatly respect Bruno Mars for his singing and songwriting.

What are some of your goals for your Music?
I just want to be able to continue to write music and perform.  Getting to do what you love is probably the greatest feeling ever.  And of course, it would be really nice to hear my music on the radio and in television and films. I would love to do a tour someday. I love to travel and getting to combine music and travel would be a total dream come true!

What do you hope to accomplish with your singing/songwriting?
I hope to do what music does for me! I hope to brighten someone’s day or maybe help someone express a difficult emotion. So if I can do that for even just one person,that would be amazing!
Do you have any advice for those wanting to start a career in singing and songwriting?
 I would say meet as many people as you can and learn as much as you can. Keep singing, writing, performing and practicing. You can only get better! Keep pursuing your dream and never give up!

Is there anything else you want our readers to know about you, your singing/songwriting?
I'm really excited about the upcoming projects I'm working on now!  I'm collaborating with J Buzzi, a great rapper from Jensen Beach. This is the first time I'm collaborating with another artist and its been a great experience. He's writes all his own songs as well and is very talented.  He recently released his album, What Does it Take? on iTunes. I'm also really excited because a couple of producers from Nashville are interested in writing with me. So I'm hoping to go out there this spring!

Do you have any other talents?
Besides the work I do with Yamaha, I just finished shooting a film called These Things We Do and I just started hosting a segment for Beyond The Spotlight Hits The Streets, where we give viewers a backstage look behind different events in Los Angeles. I also play the piano and have recently taken up fencing. Since I spent a lot of my time on the water growing up I surf, wakeboard, paddleboard and from all my years at Yamaha I LOVE spending time driving my waverunner which they custom made in my favorite color-hot pink!

Check out Ariels Links:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/arielsofficialmusic
Website: http://www.arielsofficialmusic.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/arielsmusic
Itunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/rasta-life/id554729884?i=554730114&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4455122/
Music Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNoDN70trZQ


Ariel is a very talented singer/songwriter who's an actress. She has been in several films, commercials, just to name a few. Here is her acting accomplishments.

Film
Suits Stephanie U.S. Department of Veterans
Lifeguards Vs. Zombies Eighties Girl Robert Cosnahan
The Tao of Steve Supporting Jenniphr Goodman
Television
Madame Oola Mystery Series Susan- Series Regular Pepper Jay Productions
Brain Suge Self Nickelodeon
Disney 365 Lead  Disney

Commercials
Acura MDX Daughter Brian Johnson
Yamaha Waverunners/Sport Boats Rider/Wakeboarder Yamaha Motorcraft
Best Western Daughter Disney
Disney Earth Lead Disney

Theater
Wizard of Oz Dorothy BETA Children's Theater
Disney Showcase Lead/Gabriella BETA Children's Theater
L.A.Kids Act Improv Troupe Ensemble Various Venues

Hosting
Actors Reporter Host Pepper Jay Productions
The Trade Vine Host Pepper Jay Productions
Women In Theatre Host Women In Theatre Red Carpet Awards
Music
Go Together Classmate Young Marqus

Voice Over
Yahoo Kids Pop Music Kid Yahoo Music
Yamaha Waverunners Daughter Yamaha Motorcraft

Performer Skills
Performance Skills: Songwriter, Improvisation, Singing, Host, Dancing, Teleprompter
Athletic Skills: Zip Lining, Wakeboarding, Snorkeling, Yoga, Boogie Boarding, Underwater Breath Hold, Bowling, Swimming, Surfing, Rock Climbing
Accents: Spanish, British, Southern
Musical Instruments: Piano
Dance: Ballet, Zumba, Jazz, Tap, Ballroom, Swing, Hip Hop, Line, Modern, Salsa

Training
Young Actors Space, Scene Study/Improv, Patrick Day 
Alexander Technique, Sharon Jakubecy
Actorsite, On-Camera Techniques, Kimberly Crandall
Lankershim Center for the Arts, Script Interpretation, Loren Chadima
L.A. Kids Act, Character Development
Helen Anzalone Studios, Scene Study, Helen Anzalone
Oksana's School of Music, Piano and Voice, Oksana Kolesnikova and Hiroko Turner

It appears to us that Ariel has a very bright future ahead not only in music, but, acting as well. Ariel is a very talented young teen following her dreams that will go far.
Rocky Coast News is pleased to have Ariel Fournier featured as our latest "Musician Spotlight", where we highlight, promote up and coming musicians that have amazing vocals, sound, style and/or who are able to play an instrument well singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment