Friday, December 21, 2012

Musician Spotlight: Caitlynne Curtis Interview

From Nashville, Tennessee comes a talented 18 year old young Lady whose style of singing is Country music. This 18 year old Singer is Caitlynne Curtis who has great vocals and can really sing. We recently had the opportunity to interview this 18 year old Singer. Our interview with Caitlynne Curtis is below.

When did you start singing? 
Answer:  I started singing at age 3 for my grandma in Florida. She loved to hear me sing and would encourage me to continue.  She is one of my biggest fans.

I started with my vocal coach Susan Yusko at age 5 and this is where I found I wasn't half bad.

Was it your dream to be a singer?
Answer:  It has always been my dream to sing, go on tour. Make music a life-long career.

Tell us about your style of singing? 

Answer:  My style is Pop Country. I love to try new age style music and add old country style to it.

Are there challenges pursuing a singing career? 
Answer:  Yes, working on writing songs, juggling school, work, and career.
Getting your music played in front of the right people.  It’s an investment in time and money.

Do your parents and friends support you?
Answer:   Of course. Without the support of family and friends I would not be able to do what I love.  My parents moved me to Nashville Tennessee, to pursue my dream.

Do you write your own songs? 
Answer:  Yes with great co-writers.  “Soldier’s Daughter” “Lil Miss Mayberry” was written with John Alan Brown, “Can’t find a boyfriend worth keeping” co-written with Phil Holland and “Turning 18” co-written with James Bell.

If so, tell us what goes into writing a great song?  
Answer:  A lot, you have to think of something catchy have a “hook line” and turn it into a whole story, work the melody, reflect an emotion, attitude, feeling, or personality. Good thing I'm a teenager...not too experienced in life issues, but I’ve got stories to tell.

Where was your first performance, were you excited?
Answer:   My 1st major performance was for the New York Mets at their spring training game
in Port St Lucie Fl. I sang the National Anthem for the opening game. I was very excited and a lil nervous.

Where have you been able to perform? 
Answer:  I continued to song the National Anthem for the Boston Red Sox, LA Dodgers, and Tampa Bay Devil Rays at their spring training facilities.
I have sung at the Pineapple Festival in Jensen Beach FL. My biggest accomplishment so far is being on Factor. Paula Abdul gave me a hug on stage.
I’ve performed at several Nashville venues, City Festivals, Nashville area music fests and area restaurants, and singer-songwriter venues.  I have played with River Run artist singer-songwriter Charlie Allen, Jacquelyn Willard, reggae artist Andrew “Pzed” Gayle and more.

Who inspires you with your singing and songwriting? 
Answer:  Miranda Lambert is a big influence.  However there are many others that help shape my music appreciation.

If you could perform anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? 
Answer:  It would be at the CMA's after I accept my award.
Then I would love to do a tour of New England that’s where our family roots are and it would be great to get up there and perform all the beautiful summer, fall festivals of Coastal Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont and Connecticut and even the Canadian provinces.

Along the same line, who would you love to perform with? 
Answer:  Miranda Lambert 1st and foremost.  Also Luke Bryan, Dierks Bentley and Martina McBride

What are some of your goals for your Music? 
Answer:  I would love to make this a long career, seeking recognition and fame as an artist of my craft.

What do you hope to accomplish with your singing/songwriting? 
Answer:  I want to be able to write and sing songs that people can relate to.  I want to touch people with my music.  I wouldn't mind a party song here and there too brighten up their spirits and enlighten their minds.

Do you have any advice for those wanting to start a career in singing and songwriting? 
Answer:  Don't mess around. If you want it go for it.

Is there anything else you want our readers to know about you, your singing/songwriting? 
Answer:  I'm just a normal teenage girl. I write about stuff I love, wonder about turning 18 and beyond.

Do you have any other talents? 
Answer:  I was the only girl on an all boys hockey team. I played goalie and I won best goalie in the tournament.  I also have done some acting.

Caitlynne has a very bright future in the Music industry as she has great vocals and people can relate to her. A lot of people can relate as must songs are written from life's events. We see great things for Caitlynne in 2013. You can listen to some of her music by clicking here.

Rocky Coast News is pleased to have Caitlynne Curtis featured as our latest "Musician Spotlight", where we highlight, promote up and coming musicians that have amazing vocals, sound, style and/or who are able to play an instrument well singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment