Friday, November 30, 2012

Musician Spotlight: Singer & Songwriter Gavyn Bailey


There's a talented 14 year old Singer & Songwriter in Orange County, California whose good singing vocals got our attention. This 14 year old is Gavyn Bailey whose a Singer & Songwriter.

Fourteen-year-old Gavyn Bailey is a rising star who's taking his pain and channeling into music" CBS's Suzie Suh quotes, and that's exactly what young Gavyn is doing. Born with Kidney Failure and a passion for music, his dream is to inspire others and make a difference through his lyrics. Gavyn first picked up a microphone at age three, fisherprice of course, at the hospital post transplant. "He started singing for all the kids on the floor and even put on a show in the playroom" his mother, Giselle, said in an interview. Now at age fourteen, Gavyn has acquired a tremendous amount of musical knowledge and experience even at a young age which has exposed him to the positive effects that music plays in peoples lives. This is one of main reasons that Gavyn
continues to push his music into the world.

We recently had the opportunity to interview this 14 year old Singer & Songwriter from Orange County, California. Here are his answers to our questions.


When did you start singing?
I've been singing ever since I could talk!

Was it your dream to be a singer?
It's always been a dream of mine, It's all I think about everyday.

Tell us about your style of singing?
My style of music ranges from pop to singer/songwriter to indie/acoustic and even a little bit of folk.

Are there challenges pursuing a singing career?
Definitely. There are so many people that try to get in the business but I try to block that out of my head and keep going.

Does your parents and friends support you?
My parents support me 100% and so do my friends. My mom is one of my managers so we are very close. It's hard to see my friends all the time because I'm homeschooled and all of the busyness of music but we still keep in touch.

Do you write your own songs?
Yes.

If so, tell us what goes into writing a great song?
First and foremost is the inspiration behind the song your writing. In my opinion I find songs boring if your just talking about something random with no feeling or emotion in the song. Then you need to make your song very catchy that will get in somebody's head.

Where was your first performance, were you excited?
My first performance by myself was at a restaurant in Newport Beach, California. It was very exciting for me since I was only 10 and I had never performed before.

Where have you been able to perform?
I have has the privilege of performing in many places. I've played at places such as the House of Blues at Downtown Disney CA, The Roxy in Los Angeles CA, The Coach House in San Juan Capistrano CA, The Market LV in Las Vegas NV, Taste of Newport (Opened for Andy Grammer) CA, and many local festivals, restaurants, and fairs.

Who inspires you with your singing and songwriting?
Ingrid Michaelson is one of my all time favorite songwriters. Her passion in her songs and her folky wording just kills me. She is definitely an inspiration for my writing and as far as singing, I have so many I couldn't name them.

If you could perform anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I don't to be like everyone else but in all reality, Madison Square Garden is where I want to perform because you know your big when you sell that one out!

Along the same line, who would you love to perform with?
Again, I would love to perform with Ingrid Michelson. She's my idol in music.

What are some of your goals for your Music?
To inspire people to make a difference, to help people through their struggles, and for my fans to be able to relate to my lyrics.

What do you hope to accomplish with your singing/songwriting?
Like I said above, just to be able to have my fans relate to my music.

Do you have any advice for those wanting to start a career in singing and songwriting?
Go after want you want and don't let anything stop you! Just keep on going.

Do you have any other talents?
I photograph musicians, I play ukulele if that counts :)

We wish this 14 year old Singer & Songwriter the best of luck as he has the talented to be very successful in the music industry. Keep an eye and ear out for this up and coming Musician following his dream.

Rocky Coast News is pleased to have Gavyn Bailey featured as our latest "Musician Spotlight", where we highlight, promote up and coming musicians that have amazing vocals, sound, style and/or who are able to play an instrument well singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment