Thursday, October 18, 2012

Musician Spotlight: Rising UK Singer/Songwriter Natalie Tuvey‏

We travel across the Atlantic Ocean to find a Singer/Songwriter that caught our eyes for her great vocals from Harrogate, United Kingdom. This Singer/Songwriter is Natalie Tuvey, who is just 13 years of age. If you listen to Natalie songs, you will see why she is just getting started on her Singing/Songwriting career. Natalie Tuvey has three original songs entitled "Tear Me Apart", "Stronger This Time" and "Broken Grey Heart".

Natalie Tuvey is a 13 year old singer/songwriter from Yorkshire in the UK. Natalie started singing at a very young age and at age 10 she started with a local musical theatre company where she was able to combine acting, singing & dance. Natalie immediately took to all 3, however it was obvious and quickly noticed by the singing teacher that her voice was a little bit different to other people & very strong for her age and she appeared on 2 occasions in the theatre performing solo pieces from Les Miserable & High school Musical.

Natalie at age 11 started to have private vocal lessons and worked towards examinations with the London College Of Music in both Musical Theatre & Classical. She very quickly had reached a grade 4 in both, passing with extremely high results again for someone of her age. She gained all distinctions.



It was at the age of 11 that Natalie first went into a recording studio and felt right at home as she started to record some of her favourite cover songs. She also started to write her own songs and very quickly realised that she had a great ear for melodies and her lyrics were very advanced for someone of her age.

At the age of 12 she got the chance to go record one of the songs that she had written the year before called "Broken Grey Heart" It was then that she realised that songwriting and singing was her passion and she knew that she wanted to be a recording artist.

This past year Natalie has started to learn the keyboard/piano to help with her with her songwriting and to date has written an amazing 15 songs, quite an achievement for someone so young.

She has been able to record 4 at present, "Broken Grey Heart", Stronger This Time", Tear Me Apart" and her 4th "In Love With You" which is ready for release next week.

Her song "Tear Me Apart" has gained Natalie a lot of attention worldwide and came 1st place in the Beat100 music charts, an online music competition, beating over 2,000 entrants. It has received over 147,000 views on youtube in 8 weeks which is quite an achievement for an original song, and is currently being played on various radio stations in the UK along with her other song "Stronger This Time".

Her youtube channel has nearly reached a million video views.

Natalie plans to release her debut album by mid 2013.

Although Natalie is committed to writing her own songs because of her unique sound she is attracting interest from music producers across the globe and she is keen to try different genres which include projects with producers in Mexico, London & her hometown of York.

Natalie has been invited to perform her first gig where she will perform 2 of her original songs for Famestage on Halloween at a very intimate and well known venue in London UK with 5 other amazing artists. This venue has seen the likes of Ed Sheeran & Queen perform in the past & Eric Clapton lived there, so it has a lot of history. The gig was sold out in 10 days. She plans to do more live gigs in 2013

We all feel that 2013 is going to be a big year for Natalie 

Natalie's Official Sites:
Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/natsyhorse
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Natalie-Tuvey
Reverbnation http://www.reverbnation.com/natalietuvey
Sound Cloud http://soundcloud.com/natalietuvey
Twitter https://twitter.com/NatalieTuvey
Official Website http://www.natalie-tuvey.com/


When did you start singing?
I have been singing for as long as I can remember. My parents said I could sing before I could talk.

Was it your dream to be a singer?
It has always been my dream to become a singer. There is nothing i have ever wanted more and as i get older and carry on with my own music the dream gets stronger.

Tell us about your style of singing?
My singing style is mainly pop but i like to try different genres, i really like country and musical theatre.

Are there challenges pursuing a singing career?
Yes, it takes a lot of dedication, time and effort and i am trying to get across in my music my own originality which is always quite difficult as you don't know how people will take it. Up until now everyone has been so great and my fans are brilliant!:)

Does your parents and friends support you?
Yes my parents are my biggest supporters and without them none of this would be possible! My friends are a great support too.

Do you write your own songs?
Yes, I started to write my own songs when I was 10. To date I have written 25, 4 of which I have been lucky enough to record and 1 of which is on itunes. I plan to have my debut album ready to release mid 2013.

If so, tell us what goes into writing a great song?
To write a great song for me, you need to think of a subject. Perhaps something that has happened in your life or even something you would like to happen! You need your song to tell a story that people can relate to and get it across to the audience in a way that they want more. Make it a song they will find hard to forget and be singing in their heads all day!

Where was your first performance, were you excited?
My first performance was when I was 5 and it was to about 200 people. I sang a solo piece at a christmas show. I was very nervous but also very excited, and after doing it i felt very happy.

Where have you been able to perform?
If I'm honest I haven't had a chance to properly get out there and perform yet how I would like to. However I have performed at local theatres in front of 300-500 people and in local community halls and churches. My first real performance will be on halloween in london, a very intimate venue where the likes of ed sheeran and queen have previously played. I will be performing with some amazing artists!

Who inspires you with your singing and songwriting?
Taylor Swift inspires me because she started at such a young age and I love all her music!
Adele inspires me with her amazing voice that i could listen to all day.
Bruno Mars, he is an amazing songwriter and his voice is unique:)
The Script (don't know if you know them) but their music is amazing and nearly all of it is there own, all their songs tell a story and they're so good and catchy!

If you could perform anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I would love to perform at any arena, anywhere in the world but my favourite place would be the main stage at glastonbury festival in england!

I would love to perform with Danny O'Donoghue ( who is a member of the script ) because i love his voice:)
Or Bruno Mars because i think he'd be fun to perform with.

What are some of your goals for your Music?
Some of my goals are to; release an album next year, perform more live gigs, try different genres of music and to collab with some other amazing artists!

What do you hope to accomplish with your singing/songwriting?
I hope to become an established and well known artist, not only for my singing but also for my songwriting. I would also like to write songs for other artists. To get a recording contract with one of the big major labels.

Do you have any advice for those wanting to start a career in singing and songwriting?
To never ever give up on your dream and don't ever let anybody stop you from trying to reach your goals. Enjoy what you do and make sure you're dedicated and always believe in yourself.

Is there anything else you want our readers to know about you, your singing/songwriting?
I'm just a normal girl who has a dream and loves to sing:-)

Do you have any other talents?
Other than my singing and songwriting I play the piano. I also love acting



Rocky Coast News is pleased to have Natalie Tuvey as our latest "Musician Spotlight", where we highlight, promote up and coming musicians that have amazing vocals, sound, style and/or who are able to play an instrument well singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment