Monday, October 8, 2012

Musician Spotlight: Rising Singer/Songwriter Temara Melek



Today, we featuring an aspiring Singer/Songwriter from the west coast state of California by the name of Temara Melek. This Singers style is pop/rock and has co-written many of her own songs. Some of her songs are "Burn It Up", "Fool Me Twice", "Main Attraction" and "Don't Let Me Go", just to name a few. Temara is a talented young aspiring teen Singer/Songwriter with a very bright career ahead.
Temara Melek is an aspiring teen pop artist whose dancing and stage performances are a must see! Temara always knew she wanted to become a recording artist and has worked her entire life singing, dancing and preparing for her time in the spotlight. She incorporates her dance training into her stage shows and really loves the whole "Production" of a concert. Temara's musical influences are artists such as Cher Lloyd, Little Mix, and Jesse J. Temara’s first single Pour it on Sweet was nominated for a HMMA award in 2011 for best pop song. In just a year, Temara has established a strong fan base with over 200,000 twitter followers and thousands of Facebook fans and youtube subscribers. She has been featured in BYOU magazine 2 times, once as one of the 9 Hollywood  teens to keep your eye on. She was also featured in the Bellaboo online magazine promoting girls self esteem.

We recently had the chance to interview Miss Temara on her singing and what she hopes to accomplish with this type of career. Below are the answers to our questions. It is great to promote and highlight Singer/Songwriters and Musicians, who are following their dreams.

Temara, when did you start singing?
My mom says I was born a performer and I have been dancing and singing around the house since before I can remember. My first stage performance was at age 6 and I sang "Candle on the Water".  Professionally as a recording artist I released my first single in 2011.

Was it your dream to be a singer?
I have always loved singing and dancing and always dreamed of being a professional singer and being able to share the talent God has blessed me with.

Tell us about your style of singing?
I sing pop music. I enjoy upbeat songs that people can dance too and have a good time.

Are there challenges being in school and pursuing a singing career?
Yes, School is challenging as I am frequently in the recording studio or dance class. But I feel an education is so important and I take my studies seriously. I attend a private school and thankfully they are very supportive of my career.

Does your parents and friends support you?
I am so blessed to have very supportive friends and a very close family. They are always there when I need them and love them all very much.

Do you write your own songs?
I have co-written some of my songs and have songs that were written for me.

If so, tell us what goes into writing a great song?
Feelings, thoughts, emotions and experiences go into the song writing process. It's important that your songs are relatable and by using your own experiences, it's easier to connect.

Where was your first performance, were you excited?
My first performance since I started singing professionally was at Level 3 in Hollywood, Ca. I was SO excited. I rehearsed with my dancers several days for this performance and LOVED choosing our costumes for this show.

Where have you been able to perform?
My favorite place I have performed so far is Knotts Berry Farm. That was really fun!

Who inspires you with your singing and songwriting? 
I am inspired by Taylor Swift and the amazing lyrics she comes up with. I also like the individuality of Cher Lloyd.

If you could perform anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
My dream is to sell out Madison Square Garden someday. I also really want to perform in London, England.

Along the same line, who would you love to perform with?
I really want to collaborate with One Direction, UnionJ, Cher Lloyd or Little Mix. I also want to write a song with Ed Sheeran.

What are some of your goals for your Music?
To continue to grow and produce music people enjoy.

What do you hope to accomplish with your singing/songwriting?
I hope to get signed to a label, continue to write, tour the world and meet all my fans.

Temara, do you have any advice for those wanting to start a career in singing and songwriting?
Honestly this is a very hard industry to break into but as long as you have the passion and love for what you are doing, anything is possible. It takes a lot of dedication and hard work but as long as you stay focused, you can make your dreams come true. Just stay positive and never give up!

Is there anything else you want our readers to know about you, your singing/songwriting?
You can follow me on twitter @the_temaramelek, like me on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/TemaraMelekOfficial and subscribe to my youtube which iswww.youtube.com/TheTemaraMelek. Also, check out my website at www.temaramelek.com.

Latest News: Temara just recorded her new single called CALI SKIES with multi-platinum producer, Mark Feist. Watch for its iTunes release late October 2012 as well as the official video on her youtube channel. Temara can also be seen as the musical guest on the show "Up in Arms" soon and will be on the radio show "Beyond the Spotlight" taking on air questions in November 2012.

Rocky Coast News is pleased to have Temara Melek as our latest "Musician Spotlight", where we highlight, promote up and coming musicians that have amazing vocals, sound, style and/or who are able to play an instrument well singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment